Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Day 5 NaPoWriMo Poetry Challenge - Inappropriate Laughter

 Title: I am a Teacher

I am a teacher
I laugh at parent requests
messy desks
every unnecessary meeting
the need for assigned seating

I am a teacher
I laugh at test scores
bad behaviors
refereeing truces
all the excuses

I am a teacher
I laugh at silly jokes
when kids pass notes
all the drama
when they accidentally call me mama

I am a teacher
I laugh at my space that's a wreck
when I see my paycheck
when I'm reading to bail
but there's one more email

I am a teacher
I laugh when there is no more try
I laugh so I don't cry.  



*Challenge:
Write a poem in which laughter comes at what otherwise might seem inappropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 9 Napowrimo Poetry Challenge - Sonnet (traditional or untraditional)

 The Summer of My Life The Summer of my life,  It lasted six years And as summers happen to be... It was hot, warming my heart The days were...